June 6, 2009

Jedi Master Jayme - Week 2 Recap Revised

Wow, I was obviously not paying a lot of attention last night when I wrote that recap because I missed a couple very important parts.

First of all, the best part of the whole session, and I think you'll agree, was the Star Wars skit brought to you by Rochelle and myself. I know it took a couple trys to get it right, but it was good wasn't it? For those of you who missed out... here goes:
Luke Skywalker(Rochelle): "But master Yoda I can't lift the boat from the swamp."
Master Yoda (me): "Use the force young Jedi"
Luke Skywalker: "I'll try." (Skeptically)
Master Yoda: "No! Try Not! Do, or do not. There is no try."

Yes yes, I realize we missed a line in there somewhere but that is how it was supposed to go. You got the point I'm sure. Do you think we have a career in acting? Maybe that will be my next poll question. Maybe not.

The second part was during a serving demonstration. Besides getting laughed at for my rackety arm comments and the hit a tennis ball with a rope analogy, I really liked the part about types of serves.
My Question: What are 2 types of serves?
Your Answer: underhand, overhand and jump.
Well I'll admit you through me off a bit and had me laughing with that. You are very correct, those are types of serves. The answer I was looking for was Top Spin and Floater though. Now we can combine them and come up with all sorts of serves like a jump topspin or a overhand floater.

Well now that I've gone over the better parts I'll leave you to reminisce about that wonderful Jedi impersonation. Oh and for any of you who would like to start calling me Jedi Master Jayme, I will allow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game."
Michael Jordan




Volleyball Gifts