August 22, 2009

Jamboree Results!

So Varsity did great going undefeated all tournament. I didn't get to watch as much as I would have liked but I heard all sorts of good things. Great defense, great setting, great offense... :) Keep it up girls!

JV finished 2nd in their tourney. They worked super hard and improved all weekend long. Everyone did great but I have to give kudos to all the passing, serve receive and defense. Anna was setting really well and Kasara was just pounding the ball down. She crushed an overpass that unfortunately went out of bounds but I would have been scared if I was playing against her. That's for sure. Lily has stepped into the libero role and is taking control. I think teams will soon start to try and avoid serving and hitting at her. I can see it now "keep the ball away from Palmer's libero, she passes everything up." Wait, don't they already say that about a certain varsity libero? I could go on and on about each player but we have lots of games to come and I'll reserve my comments for then.

C-team tied for 3rd with Colony JV. They went in there and surprised a lot of teams I think. Miranda was setting some very nice balls and Megin was getting plenty of kills. Jaime and Kristen V. were serving teams off the court. Good job to all of c-team, you placed 3rd in a JV tourney and that's not easy to do. You were playing against a lot of juniors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game."
Michael Jordan




Volleyball Gifts