July 27, 2009

Friday's Recap & Other Random Thoughts...

Friday was so many days ago that I’m afraid this recap isn’t going to be very good. I remember that we had 8 but one girl bailed out before we got to play much… darn her. Just Kidding!!! I’m glad she came for the amount of time she did. However we’ve been missing a particular setter for several weeks now and It’s about time she gets back.

We did lots and lots of review. There has been lots of improvement in all areas of the game. I was particularly impressed with our youngest Cassidy and her blocking technique and footwork. I can’t wait for her to make her 8th grade volleyball debut. We’ll all have to get together and go watch! Speaking of that, I’m sure we would love to have her come in and watch some high school games! I know I could put her to use taking stats at the end of the bench! Cassidy let me know if you want to help out!!

I saw some girls make some serious changes to the hitting. Some of you were doing a much better job staying behind the ball. You know who you are.

So this week is our last little gathering and I’m bummed I’ll have to miss it. I think Steve has a lot of playing planned so you’ll have lots of fun. Be sure to show up. The following week we will have 2 open gyms, one on Wednesday and one on Friday. I really encourage you all to come, I’ll be there along with lots of the other coaches you see lurking around. For those of you who don’t know what open gym is, its where we just go in and play. We’ll set up both courts and anyone who shows up will get to play. We might do a bit of hitting lines to get warmed up, but for the most part it’s play, play, play. Don’t be shy anyone hoping to play vball this fall is welcome to come! And I’m going to go as far as to welcome our lone 8th grader to open gym.

See you all when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game."
Michael Jordan




Volleyball Gifts